Friday, November 22, 2013

"What will it Bee??"

Hey Hey!!

So, I decided to make this post all about the baby shower, even if I don't plan on that being any time soon!

Why?
 -Because I like to be prepared.

So here we go!

The baby shower is also going to be a gender reveal party. So for all of you who want to know the sex of the baby.. I guess you're just going to have to wait! I've decided the theme will be, "What will it Bee?" Ahah, get it? Bumble bees!

I've also decided on the games. Some of these are a little wacky, but I want my baby shower to be a PARTY to celebrate my little one, not just a bunch of women sitting around being bored. Oh, and it's coed, by the way!

So anyways. The games.

1: BABY POLL
This is going to be one of the easiest. Upon arrival each guest will be given a small slip of paper. On that paper the guest will be asked to put their name, what gender they think the baby will be, what day they think the baby will be born (based on mommy-to-be's due date), the baby's length, the baby's weight, and what time the baby will be born.

After baby gets here and all the numbers are known, the cards will be scored, and whoever wins will get a portion of the pot.

Now let me make a few things clear:
A: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TO GUESS, UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE A PORTION OF THE MONEY AS YOUR PRIZE SHOULD YOU WIN.
B: LENGTH IS TO THE NEAREST WHOLE INCH.
C: WEIGHT IS POUNDS AND OUNCES.
D: TIME IS HOUR AND 15 MINUTE INCREMENTS.
E: THE LOWEST SCORE WINS! 

2: BOBBING FOR DRINKS (RELAY)
Alright, so for this one I found 2 games I really liked, but decided to mash them together. 

The group will be divided into teams. (How many people per depends on the party size).
The first person will start in front of a tub of water on their knees with their hands behind their back.
When the mommy-to-be says "Go!" the person most bob for a bottle nipple.
After the person catches the nipple they must run back to a table, put the nipple in a bottle (filled with 6 oz. of lemonade) and drink the full six oz.
Then the next person starts.
Fastest team wins.

3: BIRTHING BABIES
Upon arrival each party-goer will receive an ice cube. In that ice cube will be a small plastic baby. The recipient must put the ice cube in a drink. Once the ice has melted completely the participant must yell, "My water broke." First person to "birth their baby" wins.

4: DIAPER RAFFLE
Each guest will be asked to bring a package of Pamper's diapers or wipes, and for ever package they bring their name will be added to a drawing for a special prize!!

5: EAT UP BABY (TO BE DECIDED)
I'm not 100% sure we're going to do this one yet, but I'll let you know what it is just in case.
Each person will have a partner. Both will be given a giant bib, and then blindfolded. Each will receive a small bowl of applesauce and a baby spoon, then the partners must feed each other. First team to finish their applesauce wins. Might also give out a prize for the cleanest pair, who knows. (:

So there ya have it.
Lot's of fun stuff to do at Baby Clark's baby shower! If you'd like an invite, send me a message on Facebook with your address. I'm thinking we'll have this in April, so if you go to Ambrose keep that in mind!

If you'd like to put in your guesses for the poll now, send them to me via Facebook also! 

On that note, the baby is telling me it is time to relax...
Have a nice night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment