Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Hey everyone!

Okay, so this post is.. but isn't really about the baby.
First and foremost, I just want to say:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF MY READERS!

Okay, so that's out of the way! Haha. Now, I just want a minute to bitch, then I'll get to my point...
I'm kind of dreading Thanksgiving.. Why? Because I know there will be all kinds of food (MY FAVORITE KINDS OF FOOD) and yet, being pregnant, I'll probably eat like.. 10 bites and be like, "Ugh, i'm gonna hurl." Yep, so dreading Thanksgiving.

But now, onto the one thing that's reallllllyyyy on my mind today:

CHRISTMAS!!!!

Everyone things I'm a big Bah Hum Bug... but I'm not. It just takes a little longer for me to get into the "Christmas Spirit." And I won't lie, there are parts of Christmas, that I just cannot stand. The Christmas get together's are a big one, why? Because usually they are just full of tension. When I was little they were fun.. I used to love Christmas Eve!

Around 3:00 my sisters would come out to the house, and we would exchange our gifts with them. Then at around 5:00 we would all load up in our cars. By load up I mean, gather the gifts for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, the works.. the food that we were taking for the pot luck, and of course ourselves. We would drive down to town. My grandpa rented this banquet room in the basement of a bank, and we would have a big family party there. We'd eat, and sing, and open presents. It was a lot of fun.

Now though, my grandpa has grown grumpy in his old age, my grandma has Alzheimer's and can't remember who half of us are, one of my sisters has nothing to do with our family anymore (if you want to know about that, ask). It's just a mess. So, needless to say: There's no big family party anymore. Which is fine by me.

But anyways: I really didn't come to bitch about my family. I came to say: I think I picked what I want to do for my mom for Christmas. I found it on... wait for it... Pinterest. Hahaha, that's not a big shock to most.

TOP 10 Home decor DIY tutorials
I want to make her one of these! I figure I can go on the hunt for a teapot at a thrift store. And it's adorable. I think she'll really like it! So hopefully that goes over well! (: 

Anyways:

I need to find something to do/get for my dad still. Ugh. And I want to get a shirt made. XD
Baby Bump's First Christmas Shirt - Maternity Shirt - Baby's First Christmas - Christmas Themed Shirt - Prengnacy Shirt / Maternity Shirt on Etsy, $24.99
Something like that ^^. Haha. But I'm done ranting/posting for today! Date night tonight, so that should be fun.

See everyone later, and have a great Holiday! Be safe if you're going out, and dress extra warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment