Monday, January 20, 2014

17 Weeks. (:

These posts just keep getting smaller and smaller and smaller. But that's probably because the further along I get, the less the baby has to develop, aside from gaining weight, and getting strong enough to survive outside the womb. So, I have a lot to tell you guys about this time, but we're going to start with how our little one is doing.

So, as the title says I'm 17 weeks along, as of yesterday. This week, our baby's skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone. And the umbilical cord is getting stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs about as much as a turnip now, or around 5 ounces and is around 5 inches long. The baby can move all of his/her joints and his/her sweat glands are starting to form.

Baby, fetus at 17 weeks - BabyCenter

I told you... as I get further along there isn't much to report about. /:
Onto the next topic.

Aaron and I got to welcome a new little one into our family, on none other, than my birthday. Aaron's daughter, Marysa, was born on January 14, 2014.


To be honest, Aaron and I have had a crazy relationship, but I don't need to, nor do I feel like, explaining that to the world. All I know, is I will have better pictures when we get them. We already have all of the outfits for all three of his kids to have their pictures done.

Next topic.

After changing my mind, a whopping three times, I have finally picked out the bedding set for the baby. We went from Star Wars, to Finding Nemo, to Lion King, and finally.. I found something at Target and automatically fell in love with it.

It's called Zigs and Zags, and it's absolutely adorable. Though I didn't find the exact same brand, I also found a bumper that matches perfectly, and a lamp shade that I'm like in love with! All I need now is a rug, and possibly a canopy for over the bed (if it's a girl... fingers crossed).

Circo® Zigs n' Zags 4pc Crib Bedding Set

My mom was with us today when I found this, and she loves it too! She wanted to go baby shopping today, but she keeps getting frustrated because we haven't found out the sex of the baby yet. Hahaha.

Regardless, she got her soon-to-be grandchild some cute outfits.

   
 

I was sooooo excited! Then she also got us, a bottle warmer from target that uses water to heat the formula/breast milk (I'm hoping to breast feed). The warmer has a timer that you set, based on how many ounces you'll be feeding the baby. She also got us a spinning, drying rack for the bottles we use. It was pretty nice of her! 

Welp, that about sums up this post. Hope everyone has a nice night, and stays warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment