Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Early Birthday, Mommy-To-Be!!

Yep, that's right... Mommy-To-Be will be 21 years old, on Tuesday!!! And with her birthday, has come a lot of stress. But before we get into all the issues at hand, let's discuss the fact that Baby Clark is now 16 weeks. (:

Baby Clark is now the size of an avocado, that means he/she measures in at 4.5 inches (crown to rump) and weighs about 3.5 ounces. The baby's head is still getting more erect than it has been, the eyes are still moving to where they will be when the baby is born, and the baby's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day, which will only increase as the baby continues to develop. The baby has started to grow toenails too!

Baby, fetus at 16 weeks - BabyCenter
But that's about it for baby development, as it slows down as the baby gets older. So now, onto the other topics.

As some of you may remember, in my first post I said I wasn't writing this blog to say that younger people shouldn't be having children, I was only posting this to show some of the problems that someone may face during their pregnancy.

Well, I've hit another big one!

My dad has been offered a new job. He'll be getting a $9.00 an hour raise. I'm so happy for him, I mean that's awesome. So where's the problem? All of my health insurance comes from my father. His last day will be the 26th of this month (January). He has to work for 30 days at the new company before he'll be able to get insurance from the new company. That means, I'll be without insurance until about March 1st. As most of you know, especially being pregnant, I HAVE to go to the doctor at least once a month. I also have my 20 week ultrasound in that span of time. 

It's pretty scary to think that I have to go to these appointments and will have no insurance to help pay for them. As many of you know, doctor's appointments are expensive. My doctor's appointment alone is $199.00 if the insurance covers nothing.

So now, onto a good note to end my blog post!

At my last appointment, my doctor allowed me to schedule my next ultrasound so that I could do the baby shower, as a gender reveal shower. She also told me I didn't have to wait until week 22, and that I could do it anytime after week 20 started. The lady that did the scheduling was awesome, and worked with me. She let me set up the appointment for the first Friday following the start of my 20th week, and what day does that happen to be? 

FEBRUARY 14TH. THAT'S RIGHT, VALENTINE'S DAY!

Aaron and I decided on what we were doing for the baby shower, well kind of. I picked most of it, but he also knew I wanted to do gender reveal. Because my sister did the whole color in the cake thing less than a month ago, I wanted to do something VERY different. So, lucky daddy-to-be gets to find out the sex on Valentine's day. He's going to go to Von Maur, and pick out an outfit that represents the sex of the baby. He's going to have them wrap the box, and he's going to bring it to the shower so that I can open it. (: And that is how I'm going to find out. My mom is also going to decorate the cake based on the sex of the baby, so that'll be fun for her.

We've decided on most of the prizes, and the games. And we're in the process of deciding on food.

So, hopefully things go as planned!

Anyways, now that I've ended on something good, I'm off to hang out with my baby before I go to church to deliver invites, and then I'm gonna come home and spend some time with him before he heads to work for the night.

One last thing:

Welcome to the family Mr. Trout! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment