Sunday, January 5, 2014

15 Weeks. (:

That's right, week 15 starts today, and with it... the illness of my unlucky week 14 is finally disappearing. I'm still coughing, but that's just all the junk in my lungs working its way out. I'm so glad to say that I am feeling better, still some nausea, but the medication helps that. I've had an appetite, and the baby is finally getting all the nutrients he/she could need.

So, what's the baby like this week??

The baby is between 4 and 4 1/2 inches, and weighs between 2 and 3 ounces. That means the baby is the size of a navel orange.


This week, just like the last few weeks, the baby is becoming more human like. The baby's little ears are now placed in their proper location and the baby's eyes are moving to their location. Though the baby's eyes are still fused shut, the baby can now sense light too. The baby's legs are growing so that they are longer than the arms, and now the baby can move all of his/her joints, as well as wiggle fingers and toes. Perhaps the most important development this week, is the start of breathing movements. The baby is moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract to help the air sacs in his/her lungs develop so they are ready for the big world.

I still can't feel the baby kicking or moving, but soon enough. (:

Here's what the baby looks like this week:

Baby, fetus at 15 weeks - BabyCenter

Now onto the next topic: The baby shower.

I have to go back to the doctor on Thursday, and I'm trying to pick a date to find out the sex of the baby. But it's so hard! As most of everyone knows, it's going to be a gender reveal shower, so I have a huge decision to make. Do I want to find out at the shower? Or do I want to find out before and just not tell anyone? I'm thinking the first. I wanted it to be a surprise, I honestly didn't want to know. But everyone else does, and as this is our first child, I figured it would be best for everyone. So the baby shower is supposed to be my surprise too. It's so frustrating.

Anyways. (: I'll figure it out.

Have a great day. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment