Monday, December 23, 2013

Okay, so one more week.

Welp, I was thinking and technically this is the last week of my first trimester. Each trimester is 13 weeks, but I wasn't counting the 13th week. DUH. So one more time, here's to the end of chapter 1. (:

So, what's going on with baby this week?

Not a whole lot, to be honest.

Baby, fetus at 13 weeks - BabyCenter
The baby is now the length of a pea pod, so about about three inches long and weighs almost an ounce. The baby's skin is still translucent and its veins and organs are easily seen through it.  The baby now has fingerprints on each of its tiny fingers. The baby's body is also starting to grow to proportion with its head. Its head used to be 1/2 of it's body length and is now only 1/3. If we are having a girl (fingers crossed), the baby's eggs have been formed and rest in her itty-bitty ovaries. Cool huh?

But I think by far, the best news this week: My risk of miscarriage is much, much lower after this week and maybe, just maybe, that will settle my nerves a bit. (:

So, I do have one more thing I'd like to say before I disembark for the day (sorry these have been so short lately). 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 
AND
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment